Data protection declaration
Data protection is an important concern to the city of Straubing. Therefore, for processing of personal data related to the fulfilment of our tasks, we attach importance to data-minimising and citizen-friendly data processing. The present data protection declaration also refers to processing of personal data and information according to Article 25 TTDSG, within the framework of the present website, including the services offered there.
Name and contact data of person responsible
City of Straubing
Contact data of the data protection officer
Our data protection officers are available at the following address:
City of Straubing
Appointed data protection officers
- personal -
Purposes and legal bases with regard to the processing of personal data
Purpose of data processing is the fulfilment of the public duties which were assigned to us by legislature.
Unless otherwise specified, the legal basis for processing of your data derives from Article 4 paragraph 1 of the Bavarian Data Protection Act (BayDSG), in connection with Article 6 paragraph 1 subsection 1 letter e of the General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO). We are therefore allowed to process the data which are required to carry out services we are responsible for.
As far as you have given your consent for the processing of the data, data processing shall be based on Article 6 paragraph 1 subsection 1 letter a DSGVO.
Recipients of personal data
If your data are processed electronically, the technical operation of our data processing is carried out by:
Küstriner Straße 14
Telephone number 09421 7847250
If necessary, your data are transmitted to the supervisory authorities and auditing authorities in charge so that they can exercise their respective control rights.
For protection against dangers to information technology security, log data may be transmitted to the State Office for Security in Information Technology, based on Article 12 of the Bavarian E-Government Act or Article 44 BayDiG-E (for further details refer to „Data recording“).
Time of storage of personal data
We store your data if it is required for fulfilment of the respective task, for documentation purposes or for compliance with legal retention periods for such data.
Rights of the persons concerned
If we process your personal data, you are entitled to the following rights as person concerned:
- You may request information as to whether we process your personal data. In the affirmative, you are entitled to obtain information about these data and about additional information which is related to processing of these data (Article 15 General Data Protection Regulation - DSGVO). Please note that this right to information may in certain cases be restricted or excluded (especially refer to Article 10 of the Bavarian Data Protection Act - BayDSG). If personal data about you are not (or no longer) applicable or incomplete, you are entitled to claim correction or completion of these data (Article 16 DSGVO).
- If the legal prerequisites are met, you can request cancellation of your personal data (Article 17 DSGVO) or a restriction of the processing of these data (Article 18 DSGVO). The right for cancellation according to Article 17 paragraph 1 and 2 DSGVO among others does not exist, however, if processing of personal data is required for fulfilment of a task which is in the public interest or is related to the exercise of official authority (Article 17 paragraph 3 letter b DSGVO).
- If you agreed to data processing and processing is based on this agreement, you may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. The lawfulness of data processing which was carried out before this withdrawal remains unaffected by the withdrawal.
- For reasons which result from your situation you may at any time contradict processing of personal data concerning you by us (Article 21 DSGVO). If the legal prerequisites are met, we will subsequently no longer process your personal data.
Further restrictions, modifications and possible exclusions of the above-mentioned rights may result from the General Data Protection Regulation or from national laws.
Our official data protection officer will be available for providing you with more detailed information on such rights.
Right of appeal at the supervisory authority
There is furthermore a right of appeal before the Bavarian state representative for data protection. The Bavarian state representative for data protection will be glad to answer any questions under the contact data listed below:
Postal address: P. O. Box 22 12 19, 80502 Munich
Address: Wagmüllerstraße 18, 80538 Munich
Telephone: 089 212672-0
Telefax: 089 212672-50
Our web server is operated by cyberstack GmbH. Personal data transmitted by you during the visit of our website are processed on our order by
Küstriner Straße 14
Telephone number 09421 7847800
By calling-up this website or other websites you transmit data to our webserver via your Internet browser. The following data are recorded when you have a current communication connection between your Internet browser and our web server:
- Date and time of request
- Name of the requested file
- Web site from which the file was requested
- Access status (for example file was transmitted, file was not found)
- Web browsers and operating system used
- Complete IP-address of the requesting PC
- Data volume transmitted
We record these data for reasons of technical safety, especially for defence against attempted attacks against our web server. After seven days at the latest, the data are anonymized by shortening of the IP address at the domain level, so that it is no longer possible to establish a connection to individual users.
For protection against dangers to information technology security, these data are transmitted to the Bavarian Office for Information Security, based on Article 12 of the Bavarian E-Government Act or Article 44 BayDiG-E.
Safe data transmission
When calling up this information offer, we propose you an encoded connection through HTTPS and Perfect Forward Secrecy using the encryption protocol TLS 1.2, thus protecting your data during transmission against knowledge of it by third parties. We recommend you to keep your web browser up to date for use of this possibility.
The following data are stored and processed in the cookies:
- Language settings
- Login details
Web analysis tool Matomo
Provided that you give us your consent on this (Article 25 TTDSG), we evaluate the user’s behaviour to design our website for you and other users tailored to your interests and requirements. For this purpose we use the web analysis tool Matomo Analytics. This tool sets cookies, i. e. small text files which are stored on the terminal device used by you and which remain valid for a period of max. two years. The data collected by cookies, such as the length of the stay on the website or search terms entered, are processed by us depending on your consent. These data enable us to draw conclusions about technical parameters (e. g. the type of operating system used or the screen resolution on the terminal device used by you), as well as about the use of our website. Your IP-address is anonymized before being recorded and processed further.
Should you withdraw a prior consent given, a cookie with a term of two years is set, to prevent web analysis in the future.
Cookies solely contain anonymized data; a relation to persons cannot be established due to the anonymized storage of the IP-address.
Collection of additional data
When you enter personal data or business-related data in our web site (e-mail addresses, names, postal addresses, etc.), these data are exclusively used for transmission of the desired information or for purposes given in the form. Your data are encrypted during data transport using SSL-software and are thus protected against the use by third parties. The data are not transmitted to third parties. The use of services provided is done on a voluntary basis.
Electronic mail (e-mail)
Information which you send us by e-mail in an unencrypted state can be accessed and read by third parties during transmission. In this case we normally cannot check your identity and therefore we do not know who is really behind an e-mail address. Legally secure communication by simple e-mail can therefore not be guaranteed. Like many e-mail providers we set filters against unwanted advertisements (“SPAM-filters”), which in rare cases erroneously classify normal e-mails automatically as unwanted ads and subsequently delete them. E-Mails containing harmful programmes (“viruses”) are in any case deleted automatically.
If you intend to send us messages that are worthy of protection we recommend you to use our safe contact form.
Additional information on data protection declaration
We reserve the right to occasionally adapt this Data Protection Declaration so that it always matches the current legal requirements.